COCONUT CURRY SOUP W/ SWEET POTATO NOODLES
- 1 large sweet potato (spiralized)
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Lime wedges
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Place your spiralized sweet potato noodles on a rimmed baking sheet in one layer (as best as possible). Bake for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a soup pot, sauté the diced onion in 3 tbsp of water until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and red bell pepper and sauté 2 minutes more. Add the curry powder, vegetable broth, and coconut milk. Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
Add the green peas and lime juice and stir to combine.
To serve: ladle individual portions in bowls and then top with sweet potato noodles, lime juice and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro, if desired.